Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Andree's update

So one of the things I am doing now is: http://www.barn-raising.org/services_services.html

I have been through the first 4 steps. I am debating about third party marketing. We teachers tend not to toot our own horns very well, as you know, so I am not really comfortable with the idea, but am told it can be powerful and effective. I need to decide by Friday, so if you have any feedback on the concept, I would love it. Also, I will be participating in a Barn-Raising event on Thursday, November 2. Here's the announcement:

Mark your Calendar for a

“Barn Raising” Event !

Come One, Come ALL !!!

Plan to stop by the “Barn Raising”SM scheduled for Thursday, November 2nd from 4:00 to 5:00 p.m. at the Greater New Bedford Career Center. [note: they are short & sweet and help a community member who is out of work].

Greater New Bedford Career Center is located at 618 Acushnet Ave – parallel t Route 18

[ link for directions: http://www.newbedfordcareercenter.org/Directions.html ]

[note: the 10 minute program begins at 4:30 p.m.]

Remember: A “Barn Raising” Event SM is simply a NO COST social “hour” with a ten (10) minute program, whereby the guests of honor – neighbors who are looking for employment – are introduced, and everyone in attendance is asked to think of one (1) thing they can do to help one of them find a job … it doesn’t matter what each person does, whether it’s big like scheduling an appointment with someone you know or small like sending an article or a piece of advice … the goal – like a real Barn Raising - is to have everyone in attendance doing something to help community members with their job search.

Please share or post this email … everyone is invited. Refreshments will be served.

Hope to see you at the “Barn Raising” SM on November 2nd .

Regards,

Andree

Tel: 508-758-3648
Email: andree.howard@gmail.com
Website: www.Barn-Raising.Org

If anyone is in the area and interested, please come. It's kind of a cool concept. And the idea is that you may be able to help somebody through some connection that you never even thought of. And, we can have dinner at Mattapoisett's finest seafood restaurant afterwards!

I've got a couple of resume's out, and I'll keep you all posted.

Love, Andree

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home